GROUP TOURS FOR ADULTS
Download our new programme for Group tours with a heritage guide
Our team of graduate specialists have an extensive knowledge of the subjects featured in the tours and keep abreast of the latest discoveries to ensure they have an up-to-date understanding of the monuments and the art and techniques of stained-glass windows from their origins to the present day.
Our highly professional experience of hosting groups enables us to offer you a personalised guiding service under the very best conditions.
CONDITIONS OF ADMISSION AND SERVICES
The prices stated are applicable for groups of more than 20 people.
- no supplements for Sundays or public holidays.
- free admission for accompanying staff.
- groups of less than 20 people: set price, contact us.
The tour price includes admission to the Centre and current exhibitions.
The fee for any tour not cancelled in writing 48 hours in advance will remain due.
Late arrival of groups will be deducted from the tour duration.
- Reception: at the back of the courtyard, in front of the entrance to the Museum of Stained Glass.
- Languages spoken: French, English, German and Spanish.
- Public toilets.
- Audiophones: included in the price for groups of more than 10 people in the cathedral.
Tour of the crypt: contact the Chartres Cathedral Tour Reception Service.
Access for mobility-impaired visitors:
Only the loft is accessible to wheelchairs.
A DVD of the exhibition in the cellar is available. Please ask at the reception on arrival.
Other films available:
- The techniques used in making a stained-glass window
- The stained-glass windows of Chartres Cathedral
- The Saint Just glassworks.
A large number of books about stained glass, the history of Chartres, art history and religious history.
INFORMATION AND BOOKINGS
Centre international du Vitrail
5 rue du Cardinal Pie – F-28000 Chartres
Tel: 33 (0)2 37 21 65 72 – Fax: 33 (0)2 37 36 15 34